The leading Israeli gastroenterologists work at the HMC's Institute of Gastroenterology.
The experts are assisted by the most innovative and sophisticated equipment, and offer diagnostic services and comprehensive treatment of gastrointestinal tract (GI) and hepatic diseases.
Tests performed at the institute:
· Consultation with the leading experts in all types of GI diseases
· Early detection of colon cancer by colonoscopy
· Comprehensive evaluation of the causes of GI bleeding and iron-deficiency (anemia)
· Resection and biopsy of GI tumors/polyps
· Treatment of GI functional disorders- chronic constipation, diarrhea, and irritable bowel disease
· Diagnosis and treatment of gastric and esophageal diseases, heartburn, dysphagia, peptic ulcers, diagnosis and treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection
· Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas
· Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
· Ambulatory hemorrhoids treatment
Prior to an endoscopic evaluation, the patient is required to sign an “informed consent form for an invasive procedure” after receiving a detailed explanation of the examination and the treatment options.
Types of endoscopic procedures performed at the institute: